Michael de Lint / RESCON
Mid-rise wood-frame construction, the coming of timber-frame and prefabrication are the key subjects of focus at the Toronto Wood Solutions Fair on Nov. 17.
Any home-building executive that is interested in this new wave of construction should consider attending. Check out the details and list of seminars for the event here.
This is an event that we’ve been proud to sponsor in the past, and the event’s organizers, Wood WORKS!, is a key partner that we stood shoulder to shoulder with as we advocated for the changing of the Ontario Building Code to allow five- and six-storey wood-frame construction.
EVENT: 2016 Toronto Wood Solutions Fair
DATE: Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016 (7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
LOCATION: Allstream Centre, 105 Princes’ Boulevard, Toronto, ON
COST: $50 + HST
- Structural design and optimization of Mid-rise Light-Weight Wood-Framed Buildings
- Timber Engineering, Pre-fabrication and the Return of Craft
- More With Less: Building With Cross-Laminated Timber
- Off-site Wood Construction: What, Why, How and the Future
- How to Respond to All the Silly Things People (and other industries) Say About Wood Construction
- Innovative Timber Solutions
- Sound Insulation of Wood-Frame Multi-Storey Buildings
- Fire-Resistance Tools and Information for Wood-Frame and Mass Timber Buildings
And there are more. While we’ll be writing about some of the information covered at the Toronto Wood Solutions Fair, this is a day of learning that can’t be explained in a 500-word column.
Hope to see you there!
Michael de Lint is RESCON’s director of building regulatory reform and technical standards, as well as chair of the technical committee. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.